Saturday, November 30, 2013

Sketches for prolife images, by Gloria Poole, RN artist in Missouri

I am adding five of the sketches of babies, small children with mother or missionary, because these are some of the sketches I drew/ painted trying to learn mothers with their babies for prolife images. These are all sketches which I define as quickly drawn on paper and then painted with watercolors, acrylics, inks, or powdered pastels. I differentiate them from paintings because they are more fragile, and they are usually done by me in hour-3 hours of time. I draw and sketch often trying to improve my skills. The U S has been a nation bereft of positive images of infants and small children since that GOD-forsaken abomination named Roe v Wade was thrust upon it.

The first image is my photo [all of these are my original photos of art I created] of a baby. Babies are hard to draw correctly [in my opinion] because their proportions are very different from adults. Their heads are huge --about 1/3 of their body size, and their ears are lower [and their cheeks are rounder if they are full term baby. So this sketch is an attempt of mine to draw an accurate representation of a living baby at six months of age.

The second sketch is the redo of the sketch I named "childhood" so it is sketch 2 by the same name. It is powdered pastels. I think I put the first sketch of it on another blog of mine at: https://gpoole817.blogspot.com.

The 3rd sketch is an unfinished sketch done very quickly of an Asian mother holding her toddler.

The 4th sketch is a missionary holding a native child in a village where she lives and promotes the gospel. It is watercolors on paper.

The 5th sketch is in acrylics and I named it "Jemima" of a native child to Africa, that I saw a very similar photo of in a missionary magazine years ago. I did not try to replicate the photo in magazine exactly. I seldom do that, but I try to draw poses and clothing and hair styles in authentic way. I selected that name Jemima after the brand name "Aunt Jemima's" that makes products I like. Also, I almost always give paintings I create or sketches I create a name / title of some sort. If I don't usually it means I did not consider the sketch or painting to be completed yet.

The white streak across the bottom of the Jemima sketch is NOT on the sketch. It is apparently some cyber-criminals attempt from remote to alter image on memory card.

These are only a few of the 800 or more original art "works" I have created [as a hobby , working from my home studio. But really it is not work at all because I love to draw and paint. I do not have a boss; nor an employer, but create art, blog, write poems, tweet, pray, publish scripture one or two sentences at a time. ]

Also, I have an art studio in my apt and a home office such as it is. I work for myself and the glory of GOD and have since I had such massive trauma in July 2006 that i couldn't work as RN in hands-on position any longer; so I decided I would improve my drawing and painting skills and try to find another way to make a difference in the world.

These are prolife images because JESUS said 'as you have done it to the least of these, you have done it unto me'. kjb.

Gloria Poole; RN artist or and for Publishing LIFE [an offshoot sort of lifemedia-publishing that had domain was stolen from me by cyber-criminals. At my apt in Missouri; 30-Nov-2013 at 11:34am. Also, for the record, I Gloria Poole RN artist am white, woman, single [twice divorced] and the natural mother of two grown daughters whose names are jennifer and Leigh. I do not have any sons; but have seven of the most precious and wonderful grandchildren GOD ever made! And they are minor children, all of them are white also. I moved from Colorado on Oct 31, 2009 to Missouri, but I am originally from the state of Georgia and was born there in GA. I am also a University of GA alum. @universityofga; @UGA; @ugaalumassoc; @personhoodUSA; @prolife. @gloriapoole.

Copyright: I gloria Poole own all rights to all art images and words on this blog; and to all art I create on any blog or site of mine and to any poem, medical lesson, words, I write also.

Gloria Poole; at my apt in Missouri 30_nov-2013 at 11:53am.